HOLIDAY & TOY SALE:
Please consider joining us as a volunteer!
How do we THANK our volunteers?
*** VOLUNTEERS SHOP FIRST & EARN A HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF THEIR SALES!!!***
With an event of this size, we require lots of volunteers to help everything run smoothly.
Tasks volunteers are asked to help with may include: Setting up racks, sorting clothes, assisting shoppers, helping with check-out, etc.
- Volunteers who work a 4-hour shift receive a pass to enter and shop the Volunteer Pre-sale *and* earn an additional 10% of their sold item $’s.
- Volunteers also receive a pass to enter and shop the 50% off pre-sale one hour before we open to the public.
NOTE: Volunteers that do not fulfill their shift obligations (or send a comparable replacement (a husband, friend, etc) in their place) forfeit their right to participate as a volunteer in the future. Please consider the importance of following through when you commit to a volunteer shift, we are really depending on you! Thanks!
*** Please leave the kids at home when you come to fulfill your shift obligation. We are unable to provide childcare – and you won’t be in a position to supervise them while working.
SUGGESTION: We have many volunteers that team up with a friend: One watches the kids while the other works a shift – and vice versa. It works out great and they each earn a pass so they can have fun shopping the presale together!
A small number of “Super Volunteers” work a minimum of SIX 4-hour shifts and shop before the Volunteer Presale starts so they can staff the Volunteer Presale (Super Volunteer program by invitation only).
VOLUNTEER “BARTER” OPPORTUNITIES:
There are a limited number of volunteer “barter” opportunities available.
Barter options count as ONE 4-hour volunteer shift.
MEALS + SNACKS: Sign-up for meals + snacks delivery thru the volunteer menu – choose your day/time. Please bring meals + snacks in containers that will not need to be returned to you.
1. Bring a meal to the sale location (meal to feed 10 + drinks + paper products/utensils required) 2. Bring a snack to the sale location (snack includes drinks (water, soda, etc) (for 24) + snacks (for 24) + paper products if required). Snacks are to be dropped off any time during scheduled inventory “drop off” hours.
NOTE: In order to get credit for this volunteer option, you *must* sign-in when you drop off your meal or snack
1. Printing services – Can you print flyers, postcards, banner, signs or t-shirts for us?
2. Generate media interest – Can you help with radio, TV or newspaper coverage? Can you put an ad or article in a community, subdivision, mom-group or company newsletter? Can you help us with “friends & family” discounted ad rates?
3. Postcard + Flyer distribution – Do you have an “in” somewhere family-friendly that you can distribute our flyers/postcards? Do you have access to a mom-group, preschool, daycare, doc office? Will your child’s school or daycare send home info with each family? Can you get a local family-friendly and/or fast food restaurant to distribute info to customers? Do you have a high-traffic business that can distribute info – or post a sign outside? Can you deliver postcards to various specified businesses in your area? Can you get our info posted online? Do you have an ‘in’ with a local blogger? * To complete this ‘barter’ you must get our information into 5 different sources. *
4. Write your own – Let us know if you have a different barter arrangement to offer!
Email “Barter (at) StorkLady (dot) net” to discuss bartering options.
We love our volunteers – and would be happy to have you join our team!